What is a Coal Mining Risk Assessment (CMRA)?
- Planning applications in High-Risk former coal mining areas require a specialist Coal Mining Risk Assessment or CMRA. While some types of development may be exempt most new buildings and many building extensions are not.
- Geoinvestigate can help identify if your site falls within a High-Risk area and needs a CMRA or whether your development is exempt.
- The CMRA is a desk top study report based on a Coal Mining Report and other available maps, plans and information. No site visit is made.
- The CMRA report will identify the risks from coal mining and what needs to be done to make your site safe for development.
- Without a CMRA your planning application will not get approval and your development will be delayed.
- Our standard fee may be increased for larger or more complex sites.
Get A Quote
available from 08:00 – 17:00
Address Geoinvestigate House, Units 3a & 4, Terry Dicken Industrial Estate, Ellerbeck Way, Stokesley, North Yorkshire, TS9 7AE.